According to the calculations of BusinesStat, over the period from 2008 to 2012, sales of X-ray equipment in the world increased by 5.3%: from 2.45 million units to 2.58 million units. Growth in sales is due to the following factors: an increase in global government spending on health care; the intensification of international charities in the field of health; the introduction of new technologies, in particular, the development of more modern x-ray equipment; growing demand for timely preventive diagnosis using x-ray equipment.
A feature of the X-ray equipment market is a fairly high proportion of used machines: in 2012, the share of used equipment accounted for about 73% of world sales. The reason is much lower prices for used devices compared to new equipment.
In 2013-2017, sales of X-ray equipment will grow most rapidly in countries such as China, Brazil, India and other developing countries.
The governments of these countries continue to increase investment in health care.
"Analysis of the global market for X-ray equipment in 2008-2012, forecast for 2013-2017" includes the most important data necessary for understanding the current situation on the world market and assessing the prospects for its development:
• Economy and population
• Production of X-ray equipment
• X-ray equipment sales
• External and internal trade in x-ray equipment
• Import and export of X-ray equipment
• Foreign trade prices of X-ray equipment
The review provides details on foreign trade in X-ray equipment:
• Computer tomographs
• Dental X-ray equipment
• Other x-ray equipment
In preparing the review used statistical information:
• United Nations Statistics Division
• Commodity Trade Statistics
• Industrial Commodity Statistics
• International Trade Center
• International Monetary Fund
• Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
• World Trade Organization
Along with the official statistics, the review presents the results of the international research of BusinesStat:
• Analysis of open information on the medical equipment market
• Survey of medical equipment market experts
Due to the lack of official statistical information, part of the indicators in the BusinesStat report are calculated expertly.
Categories: Industry / .../ Medical equipment / X-ray equipment
The whole world